Friday 19 June 2015

Senior Choir excellence evidence #1

Today I had to get to school at 8:30am because I had Choir at 8:45am.  When I got there, there were only about 20 people there and with every minute that went by more people came. Once a few more people and Miss Harris got there we started our warm ups.  After we had done our regular warm ups the bell went and a lot more people came and then we sang the national anthem for the Christchurch music festival. After we had sang the national anthem we did the roll so the teachers and office knew if we were there or not.  Next we learnt how to sing Here Comes the Sun and we went through that a couple times.  Then Mr McAven came in and watched us sing till the end.  Next we sang Money Money Money with Sophie playing the drums a few times and then we sang Hallelujah with Mia, Sarah and Meadow playing the guitar.  We went through Hallelujah once and then we had to finish because the yr 5/6 had to go to Te Reo so Choir was finished for today.  I showed leadership by being resilient when we were singing Here Comes the Sun because it was very challenging to sing.  My next step is to open my mouth more so I'm not muttering when I'm singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment